We’re lucky Utah has SO many amazing restaurants… it would be a shame to miss out on Taco Tuesday or Cinco de Mayo festivities with all the phenomenal options nearby. We’re dishing our favorite places to get the best mexican food, margaritas, and celebrate!
- Red Iguana // consistently one of Salt Lake’s top 10 restaurants, Reg Iguana continues to be a fan favorite.
- Lone Star Taqueria // in addition to the awesome, laid back atmosphere, this local favorite has been featured on “Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives” and has been voted ‘best fish tacos’ in the state of Utah multiple times.
- Alamexo Mexican Kitchen // dare we say the best guac we’ve ever tried? We think so!
- Taqueria 27 // try any of their TODs (taco of the day), MODs (margarita of the day), or FODs (fish of the day)… they’re all amazing and change every single day.
- Chile – Tepin // order from the “Especially de la Casa” menu… you’ll be glad you did.
- Tarahumara // so many salsas, so little time.
- Frida Bistro // we love that they use fresh, organic, local ingredients; it’s also worth trying their homemade lemonades!
- El Chihuahua // home of the famous “death star”, a must-try gigantic cocktail (just make sure you have a driver, these things are no joke!).
- Rancheritos // the best churros, hands down!
- Chungas // super authentic, super delicious. Need we say more?
- Mi Lindo Nayarit // a perfect bunch alternative, fit for Cinco de Mayo!
- Silver Moon Taqueria // awesome food truck for all things Mexican… more on all of our favorite food trucks here.
- Rio Grande Cafe // try the santa fe enchiladas- delicious!
- Hector’s // their breakfast burritos are to die for. Start your Cinco de Mayo here!
- State Street Tacos // inexpensive and authentic taco carts- a no brainer.
Are there any favorites we should add to the list? How do you plan to celebrate Cinco de Mayo?
It’s shaping up to be a beautiful week with lots of sunshine. Get out there and enjoy it! Happy Taco Tuesday and Cinco de Mayo, friends.